Full implementation of the Forced Routing Gateway for Packet Switched services in the territory of the Russian Federation.
The service is scheduled for release on January 9th 2012.
What to do
In line with Inmarsat’s general policy, it is the obligation of Inmarsat providers and users to comply with national regulations on the use of mobile satellite services.
Non-resident Inmarsat users intending to travel to Russia with their BGAN terminals/SIMs may operate in a “visiting” terminal/SIM mode provided they follow the set of guidelines illustrated below.
• Under Russian regulations the “visiting” terminal policy applies to Inmarsat BGAN terminals and SIMs registered in a visiting mode for the single visit not exceeding 6 months.
• The BGAN equipment must either leave the country after expiration of the above mentioned time period or be re-commissioned with the local licensee.
• Registration with the Russian licensed service provider (FSUE Morsviazsputnik) is required by law.
• The “visiting” BGAN terminal/SIM policy is only applicable for one-time entry and is implemented for ease of travel of business individuals and media.
In case of multiple entry (more than once) and/or Inmarsat terminal permanent use in Russia a commercial contract with the Russian licensed service provider (FSUE Morsviazsputnik) is required.
How to do it
To ensure the seamless operation of the visiting BGAN unit/SIM in the territory of the Russian Federation, Inmarsat subscribers intending to operate a terminal should submit the following information in advance of usage on Russian Federation territory:
1. Name of the User (legal or physical entity - for physical entity, include passport number);
2. Citizenship of the terminal owner;
3. Timeframe and area where the visitor is located on the territory of the Russian Federation;
4. Type (model) of the terminal
5. Serial number of the terminal
6. MSISDN and IMSI for the SIM card, registration numbers.
The information should be sent to the following contact telephone/e-mail:
phone +7 495 967 18 96 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The registration of “visiting” BGAN/SIMs terminals is to be provided within 3 working days upon receipt of the above-mentioned information. A working day is defined as 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Russian public holidays.
The registration of BGAN terminals/SIMs for permanent use is to be provided within 3 working days upon receipt of the information listed above and of the signed service contract for Inmarsat BGAN. A working day is defined as above.
The standard terms and conditions of the service agreement for provisioning of Inmarsat BGAN communications services on the territory of the Russian Federation will apply.